As we clean our houses and get ready for Easter and spring, many of us come across old religious artifacts that had at one time a special meaning. A gift at communion or confirmation, a special crucifix that was given to us. Many of us have also “inherited” gifts from deceased loved ones whose homes we have helped clean out. However now, we no longer have a use for them or we have several duplicates. This is an opportunity to lovingly pass on these treasures to someone else that might like to have them. Here is what you need to:
1. Find your religious artifact
2. Get a tag – tag your artifact and if you wish add a short note of the history of the artifact – e.g. “…this was given to me as a gift for my first communion”
3. Bring the artifact to the Parish on the weekend of March 5 & 6 following mass in the Gathering Space
4. Come the weekend of March 12 & 13 to perhaps get a new relic or talk to the person who has a new home for yours.
5. Artifacts that are left after the roadshow will be taken to a center in Pennsylvania that recycles artifacts.
Thank you for participating in this Sesquicentennial Event