Finding God from Loyola Press - presents the authentic teachings of the Catholic Church through active-learning techniques that allow children to participate, learn, and grow in faith and discipleship. Rooted in Ignatian spirituality, the Finding Godprogram engages the whole child—mind, heart, body, and soul—uniquely guiding children to practice prayer and reflection, to explore scripture, and to find God in all things. Parents can find a lot of support materials on their website:
Family Life from Benziger - This program, required by the diocese, provides children with a wholesome understanding of human sexuality based upon Catholic Church moral principles. Working with their parents, children develop better communication skills, healthy family relationships and a formation in chaste living.
OUR SACRAMENT PREPARATION
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- A 2-year period of preparation, typically in 1st and 2nd grades
- Dates for these sacraments will be determined in the fall
- First Reconciliation is celebrated one evening during Lent.
- First Eucharist is celebrated in the Spring at a Sunday Mass, typically the Sunday before and the Sunday after Mother’s Day.
- Parent meetings for both sacraments are scheduled during the year
- The date for Confirmation is determined by the Bishop’s office, based on the needs of all the parishes in the Diocese
- We are usually informed sometime in January
- It will probably be a weeknight - we just can’t predict