This week in prayer:
- From this Sunday’s readings: Uninspired remorse leads us into darkness. Inspired remorse leads us to Christ’s light, happiness and peace. Name one or two people who might be stuck in uninspired remorse and might benefit from learning about your transition from uninspired to inspired remorse?
- As promised in this week's homily, here is the link to the Mary Chapin Carpenter song, Jubilee. The video is also linked below.
- Penance Service tonight – a great opportunity to act on inspired remorse. A great opportunity to feel the grace that Reconciliation supplies.
- If you had to compile a list of your five best-loved prayers, what prayers would you list?
This week in service:
- Through your response to the Giving Tree Project, you have provided Christmas gifts for six hundred and fifty people who might otherwise receive nothing at Christmas. Your generosity is pretty amazing.
- Starting this week – notice the want ads in the gathering space for ministries that could use your help – especially the liturgical ministries.
- For a Point-of-Light project, one parish family (anonymous for another week) is organizing a DVD drive – for kids in hospitals to watch.
- Stay tuned for more details right after January 1.
This week in community
- Friday December 18 - PJ Anderson in concert, 7PM in the Church. Start the evening with Carols and end with a great concert of praise and worship. Bring a children's book to be given to children in the hospital this Christmas. A terrific evening for family and friends
- Saturday, December 19 - a performance of "The Steadfast Tin Soldier" at 2:30PM by the Westfield School of Dance to benefit the ARC of Somerset and The Ronald McDonald House. Parish Hall. A very promising first!
- Superb turn out for Saturday night’s farewell dinner for Fr. Ray. The evening of thanks to and for Fr. Ray was enjoyed by many.